When I became a vegan, one of the things I missed the most was a good, hot brekky. I used to enjoy eggs on toast with yummy sides like mushrooms and tomatoes, but now that I no longer eat eggs, I knew I had to come up with another tasty option.
Enter my Loaded Garden Avocado Toast!
Full of yummy ingredients, this brekky or lunch option is quick, easy and super delicious.
Loaded Garden Avocado Toast
Serves one person.
- 1-2 slices of dark rye bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 stalk spring onion
- ½ tablespoon of vegan butter (I use Nuttelex buttery)
- 2 stalks broccolini
- 2 stalks asparagus
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- A handful of alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Fresh red chilli to garnish
- Slice spring onion and add to pan with garlic & butter on medium heat.
- Pan fry for around 1 minute, then add chopped mushrooms, broccolini and asparagus.
- Pan fry for around 5 minutes.
- Toast rye bread.
- Spread avocado on the toast and add the alfalfa sprouts on top.
- Layer the sliced tomato and add salt & pepper.
- Add pan mix to layered toast and garnish with fresh red chilli.
- Feel free to swap out ingredients if you don’t like them, for example, some super weird people don’t like tomato, so just omit it. Also, if you’re not a fan of fresh tomato but you like it cooked, simply dice it up and cook with the pan mix.
- Again, use as much or as little garlic as you like. I will always use more than is considered normal by most standards.
- The toast is yummy even without the pan mix – just avocado, alfalfa sprouts & fresh tomato is delicious. I often slice up some fresh spring onion to sprinkle on top with the fresh red chilli if I’m not including the pan mix.
- I’ll have to do a tofu scramble recipe too – it’s also really yum with this dish.
Remember – eating just one vegan meal a day can make a really big difference. It is an easy and tasty way to help the planet, the animals, and yourself!